Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You know you have to clean

So today was the first day that I have actually taken pictures of all of the food that I ate. It was an eye opening experience..lol! First let me say you definitely realize how clean or how dirty your kitchen counters are when you have to photograph them. Also today made me really think about the types of containers and dishes that I eat off of and out of. I like that I became more aware.

So before I get to the good stuff, I figured a little background might be nice. So I when I was younger I was extremely active. I played three sports year round up until Junior year in Highschool. I blew out my ankle sliding into home plate and that was it for my sport career. I never really worried to much about my weight but I still had moments that I remember watching what I ate. College..yes college...ah the dreaded freshman 15. Well for me it was more about the freshman 30. I worked to get that off and on again for the next few years. Then I decided to enter a fitness competition about a year ago and had a blast. Unfortunately all of my bad habits that I had been able to suppress came roaring out and I put on the 30 pounds that I had taken off. I have finally gained control (well I am still working on that..lol) and decided that this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I love food. I love everything about food. The smell, the taste, the texture, the look. I love books and magazines about food. I watch cooking shows and read blogs. I love coming up with cleaner versions of the decadent treats I know I struggle with. And this is the next step and I can't wait to take it. oh yeah and I am hoping to compete again in October and this time walk away with a trophy. So on to the good stuff.....

This morning was oatmeal bake and strawberries. I had wanted a banana but traded for a large non fat, sugar free rainforest crunch latte...yum...in my Bubba Keg mug.

Seriously don't you love the plate circa 1970. I have promised myself for this month, starting on earth day, no more paper plates. Note to self bring in pretty dishes to photograph tomorrow.





I then was supposed to follow that with a shake but my work got in the way and before I knew it, it was time for lunch on the menu was healthy egg salad on ezekiel with cucumbers for crunch.

Egg salad
1/4 cup low fat whipped cottage cheese

1 tb non-fat milk

1tb dijon mustard

1tb pickle relish

pinch of curry powder
pinch of salt

4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk
chopped

Mix all ingredients until blended. Add chopped egg. Enjoy!



Snack was an apple with a 1tb of natural peanut butter and half a scoop of banana protein powder. Mix with a little water and spread on apple.

Dinner was easier. I finished my final this evening and the last thing I wanted to do was make a big meal so it was Trader Joe's Cioppino. To think that they were going to discontinue this item. Its a great mix of yummy seafood in a tomato based broth. Says two servings but seriously can't stop at one..lol. But low in calorie so no bad feelings about eating it all. I added a half a wheat roll and dinner is done.

Had to put it in a better dish..I mean come on it looks so good....











And to finish it all off a bowl of fresh blueberries and blackberries with a wedge..or two..of 70% dark baker's chocolate.


So yummy and so fresh.










So yeah I did have a banana but I figured everyone knows what a banana looks like..lol.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment