Thursday, May 28, 2009

A few of my favorite things.

Hi! So I decided that today's post would just be a list of a few of my favorite things. I have been eating pretty much the same stuff since Monday and seriously how many pictures of the same pancakes and I post...lol!! So I figure I will just jot down a couple of items and then maybe post a pic or two later.

Chocolate Mint Clif Bars...yum!
Chocolate Peppermint Luna Bars...can we see a theme coming..lol.
Nut butters..any and all I am wide variety nut lover (okay don't take out of context...lol)
Puffins... Seriously I can eat the whole box in one sitting.
Dark Chocolate. Like super dark...close to bakers chocolate as you can get!
Cookbooks. I have a ton but I love them and I am so addicted.

Okay so I will actually post what I had for breakfast and lunch today. So breakfast was a wrap with 2 eggs, spinach and goat cheese. Of course I forgot my camera so we can just imagine how it looked..lol. Lunch was chicken soup from Ellie Krieger. ( I know but her cookbook rocks and I made a ton of stuff) I did modify it a bit. I added broccoli and left out the celery and used couscous rather than orzo since I had it on hand. I paired that with a slice of walnut bread and yum lunch!!




I totally have to share...I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and found the greatest dark chocolate ever. It comes pre cut into wedges and for 2 wedges it is only 70 calories. Since it is dark chocolate with a hint of heat, 2 is plenty to satisfy your sweet tooth. The chocolate has hints of ancho and chipotle peppers with a kick of cinamon. If you love heat and chocolate this is the perfect match. It is not hot but has a slow burn to enhance the deep chocolate flavor. So good!!!



What is some of your favorite things?

Giveaways!!!

Great basket of food giveaway at livin lovely and healthy!
"These baskets are full of sun dried fruits, fruit bars, apricot kernels and I see some chocolates in there too"

Danica is giving away Gnu bars. Click Here!

One Frugal Foodie is giving away some Go Max Go candy bars. Click Here!

An Apple a Day is doing the Last Giveway in May...man I am a poet!! Click Here for some last chance goodies.

Missy is giving away a great new Click Espresso Protein Drink. Click Here for some energy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those TJ's Chocolate Wedges!

    Thanks for the Gnu Bar Contest Shout out!

    ReplyDelete