Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fun at the Farm

Today was my first day of working on the farm. I am doing a CSA workshare this year for Cromwell Valley Farms in Baltimore Maryland. I will be working all growing season and in return I get free organic veggies!!! This morning I fueled up with a Flat out wrap spread with a 1tb of peanut butter and a banana. For some protein I added 2 TJ Cage free egg whites.


90 calories and I love that these wraps with stretch over the filling without breaking.


Then it was off to the farm. Today was the weeding of the raspberry plants. I was like sure this should be easy...lol. Little did I know that Thistles love raspberry plants and Thistles have little tiny sharp thorns. But it was a great experience and the people I met were really awesome and from all walk's of life. I fueled up during my weeding with some new Power Ade Zero and after we finished I had a protien bar. Then it was off to Wholefoods!



Can you tell the weed from the raspberry plant?

I have such a busy day planned. When I got home from the grocery store, I ran to the gym and lifted. I am doing a NROLFW program and the lifts are short and sweet, so I was in and out in about 30 minutes. I stopped at Java Journeys and got a non fat, sugar free iced german chocolate latte..yum and picked up a frozen hot chocolate for my husband. On the way out I turned to the car next to me and I swear to you, Santa was sitting shotgun..lol. It was this giant Santa statue that was seatbelted in and just chilling waiting for the driver!

So since it was already 2:30 by the time I got home I decided lunch would be easy. I had just picked up a new frozen pizza that I was itching to try.

Its made in Vermont

The was taken right out of the box. Looks good enough to eat.


It was so good and the crust is flatbread. The whole pizza only had 600 calories so there was no guilt in eating the whole thing.

Then I made some carrot cake protein bars. I got the recipe from the oxgyen forum. This is a version of Jamie Eason's.
1 cup soy flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
3 egg whites
3/4 c splenda
1/2 c ff ricotta cheese
2 4oz jars of pureed carrots (baby food)
2 scoops vanilla whey (I used Nector)
1/4 c raisins

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 8x8 in baking pan with pam. Mix the dry ingredients together, mix the wet ingredients together, then combine. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Makes 8 bars.

140 cal 5 fat 11 carbs 14 prot.

Dinner was again made by my husband. We had chicken kabob's with corn on the cob. For my starter I had a salad (this I made) and some yummy olives.

This salad had spinach, yellow and orange peppers, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese and two strawberries. It was so good it didn't need any dressing. The two green olives were stuffed with garlic.


The kabob had some chicken, onions and green peppers. He added some garlic spice to mine.


And to finish this off I had a carrot cake protein bar with 2tb of yogurt mixed with stevia and a huge chocolate covered strawberry!!!


What a great way to end a Saturday!

By the way did you catch the new dishware? I figured if I am going to photograph everything I might as well make it as pretty as possible..lol!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment