Monday, May 25, 2009

Brew at the Zoo!

This weekend has been so crazy that I haven't even had a chance to post about Brew at the Zoo. My sister and her boyfriend came to visit and we went to the Baltimore Zoo on Saturday. It was a blast. We walked around the zoo first and saw all of the animals and even got to feed a giraffe!!

We were walking into the zoo and everyone was staring at the ground. It was a huge snake just crawling along the walkway! We were joking that he had finally just made a break for it and escaped.



This is the giraffe that we got to feed. It was really good and something I never thought that I would do!

Then we headed into the area for Brew at the Zoo!! This was our second event and let me just say that it gets better and better. We started by enjoying some Dangerously Delicious Pies. I had seen him on the Food Network and had wanted to try the pies. I was not disappointed. It was so friggin good. Of course I had to get the Baltimore Bomb. It had crushed up Berger Cookies, a Baltimore staple. Yum!!! I shared it with everyone since a couple of bites was all I needed.

Then we hit the beer and wine tents. You get a 40z shot glass when you enter and its free tastings all afternoon. I think we sampled just about everyone..lol!



There were a bunch of different wineries this time around, so it was a great mix of wines and beers. For a complete list of all of the local beers and wines just click the link to Brew at the Zoo above. So about 2 hours later we decided that we had tried all that there was to offer and we were definitely feeling the sun and the booze..lol. So off to home we went. It was such a great trip and I am hoping that it becomes a tradition each year!

This is how photo's turn out after a few...lol!!! I love it.

I have spent most of today prepping and preparing food for the week. I can't wait to put up the pics from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment