Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tahina's

So I am getting ready to go to the farm again this Saturday morning. I am fueling up with a peanut butter and jelly wrap and a big bottle of water. I am not sure what I will be doing today but it looks like rain so that should make it interesting..lol!

Review: So last nite I went to Tahina's for the first time. The menu is small. You either get chicken, beef or falafel in pita or salad bowl. The tops, on the other hand, are numerous and interesting. I settled on a falafel salad bowl topped with marinated cucumber and tomato, sprouts, straight cucumber and a spicy feta sauce. The sauce and veggies were great. The lettuce was mostly iceberg with a few other greens thrown in. The falafel looked like it had been fried which made it dry and hard with not too much flavor. They give you 4 big ones and I ended up eating two. I think if it was baked it would have been better. Since I was getting a salad bowl I decided that I would treat myself to some eggplant fries. I knew that even through it was eggplant, being fried just took out all the nutritional qualities..lol. They were okay. My husband liked them and even commented on the grease taste. That was the problem. The flavor of eggplant was not even there it just tasted greasy. I will say though the condiment bar was excellent. They have a bunch of different sauces and I tried the spicy garlic (my fav.) and the cucumber wasabi. So all in all I would have to give it about a C. I do believe that you can go in there and get something healthy. I think I will try the chicken next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment