Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Tuesday

I have been so bad the past few days with pics..lol. I promise to post some for yesterday and today this evening!

Started the day with a great cardio session at the gym. Goal this week is to burn at least 500 calories each session. So I broke out the heart rate monitor and kicked my butt for 50 minutes. I am hoping that my hamstring will start to feel better so that I can run tomorrow. The race is only a few months away!

So after the gym I had a great big bowl of oatmeal. I added banana, blueberries and a tablespoon of peanut butter...yum!


I need to bring some prettier dishes to work.

Lunch was a Flatout wrap with some turkey breast, hummus, fat free feta cheese and spinach. I threw a couple of red pepper and zucchini sticks in there for some crunch. I will tell you raw zucchini is really not my thing..lol. Snack was some Skyr.is greek yogurt with a handful of Peanut Butter Puffins.


It is fat free with over 20 grams of protein and comes with a cute little spoon.

I would like to share a great find that I made at Wholefoods this past weekend. I found these Dark Chocolate Calcium chews. They are delish. Its great for that chocolate craving and each one only has 30 calories and 500mg of Calcium!



Adora

I have been trying to type my paper for my nutrition class and I just keep getting side track..writing my blog!! So dinner is up in the air. I really haven't figured out what I want, but I am definitely leaving towards cereal again...lol. Maybe I will go get some smoked salmon and make some yummy cream cheese crackers with a salad on the side. That is an idea.

I finally decided! Salmon on Wasa crackers, with sliced red onion, spinach and low fat cream cheese. I roasted some broccolini for my side and had a cup of mango gazpacho to finish it off. For dessert I made a ricotta creme with fresh blackberries, blueberries and a kiwi. I added some mint from my garden. Delish!!!!


Lovely greens......


Ricotta creme with berries and mint


Mint from my garden

Happy noshing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment