Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today is just one of those days....

Today was an okay food day. I had my favorite cottage cheese pancakes for breakfast:

So good and they didn't burn!

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 cup ground oats
3/4 cup egg whites (or 4 egg whites)
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
1 scoop super seed or ground flax
water

Mix all ingredients together slowly adding water to obtain the texture of pancake batter. I add stevia, cinnamon and vanilla to mine. Spray pan with pam and cook. Makes 1 serving about 3 good size pancakes or 5/6 little ones. I have also added banana to the batter to jazz it up sometimes!

and followed that with a shake and then some turkey meatloaf, that my husband made, with spinach and half of a cucumber for lunch

Seriously where do they find this plates...lol.

1lb ground turkey burger 1/2 oats 1 egg white 1/2 salsa 1/4 cup ketchup (optional spread on top) mix by hand until incorporated and then spread into loaf pan. Bake for about 45 minutes at 350.

An apple with some protein packed almond butter on a slice of ezekiel was my afternoon snack and yes we can not forget the iced half caf. coffee from Java Journey's. I really have become a coffee snob! Their's is just so good and much needed by 2:30 today.


Do you like my paper towel plate..lol

and tonite's dinner is a salad with grilled shrimp from the Artful gourmet bistro (one of my favs) and Im sure a cookie, knowing my husband..lol.


Spinach, goat cheese, apples, strawberries, pecans and grilled shrimp

Yep a cookie and a bowl of ice cream with some berries and a piece of 70% dark chocolate. Man, I told you it has just been one of those days. Okay now that it's is written down it does not seem that bad. Quite good actually.

And in the next section it will be my frustration of not losing...as I am eating ice cream..lol. Balance baby its all about balance!









But I have been stuck at 155 for the past 3 days and I don't want to count calories. I can't tell you how much I don't want to count but I figured something had to be off so I counted everything except dinner and I am already over 1500! Man I want to eat clean and not count and this is a lifestyle change but I have to get control of my snacks. I need to buy new containers..lol. I need pretty little containers to put 200 calorie or less snacks in. I seriously have a weakness for dishware!

So this is definitely a work in progress and I will just have to see what works for me and I can have increased my protein lately and I can tell you that is not working. I noticed that I have had a lot of protein powders and I need to go back to the less processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment