Thursday, May 21, 2009

The weekend is almost here...

So yesterday started off great. I got up had a wonderful run (I am gearing up for the Falmouth Road Race in August) and was totally looking forward to pancakes! So I decided to run off course with my recipe and yeah not a good idea..lol.


I put it in the pan and tasted the batter, picked up my phone and ordered an egg white avocado wrap from the Flying Avocado! It was really yummy. I did have one issue. Normally the breakfast meal comes with a little side of berries but yesterday mine came with some red skinned potatoes. So I ended up tasting the small one and it was good but definitely not berries. Of course I had forgotten my camera at home. (I know seriously how does one that blogs about food forget to take pictures of food..ugh)

Lunch was a wrap with some thin sliced pastrami and a slice of cheddar. I snacked on protein bars and some delish apricots. I was so excited when I went into Giant and saw they finally had fresh apricots. I love them!!

I ran around after work and when I finally got home at 7:30 my husband had made quesadillas. I was so happy and ready to eat! They were filled with ground turkey and lite mozzarella cheese and topped with mango salsa, tomato salsa, avocado and some fresh cilantro from the garden.

I love how he does presentation. Any time he makes dinner he always likes it to look good..lol.
For dessert he went and got me some almond biscotti and a tea from Java Journeys. He is so good to me.



It was time for bed. Looks like the pup was already there!!!!

Happy noshing!

2 comments:

  1. Awww how cute is that picture of your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute and that is the reason I still have him...lol! He was a handful when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete