Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prep prep and more prep...

Man today was rough...lol. I always feel like I need a vacation after a vacation. So yesterday I decided to spend the day prepping food for the week. It also gave me great stuff to add to my blog and some awesome pics. I broke out the cookbooks and decided on Whole Wheat pancakes with fresh farm market strawberry sauce from the The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger. Yum!!! I made the whole batch and froze two portions, which was great for this morning. I just popped them in the toaster and bam breakfast.


The strawberry sauce was so simple. I just took 1tb of honey and a pint of fresh strawberries and heated them up in a sauce pan until the strawberries were mushy and easy to mash.

Then for lunch I made a seafood salad with scallops, lobster and shrimp. I put that over a bed of farm fresh spinach with some homemade basil pesto. I finished it off with the slice of walnut wheat bread with a smear of goat cheese.


I had some buffalo that I had to use up so I made a bunch of meatballs. I had mine over some spinach and tomato with a drizzle of green goddess dressing, also an Ellie Krieger recipe. It was a great food day.


After dinner I grabbed the fruit and just cut it all up to make it easier for this week. I love grab and go. I also decided to try out a s'more recipe that I got from Alice from sweet life. Man those were friggin the best!!!!



I mean seriously how good do those look!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment